A garage door gets dusty over time by insects, pollen, rain, and more. And its color becomes faded that may reduce the curb appeal of a home. Besides, a dirty garage door can lead to mechanical breakdown. So, as a property owner, you should maintain your garage door properly. And when it comes to maintaining it, the initial thought comes in mind is cleaning. Now, the question is how to clean a garage door. Well, this blog has brought a detailed study of this topic. So, keep on reading!
How to Clean A Garage Door
Go through the following points to know how to clean a garage door.
- You should wash both the interior and exterior of a garage door with a sponge or cloth. And use liquid soap to clean. But don’t use any harsh detergent. It may damage the painted surface of a garage door.
- Rinse your garage door with a hose. Many people use a pressure washer. But it can damage the surface of the door.
- If there are any stubborn oil stains, you need to use diluted bleach with a water solution. But never mix the bleach with other cleansers as this mixture may cause harmful fumes. However, rinse the surface of your garage door thoroughly immediately after cleaning the spot.
Now, let’s move on to how to clean a garage door window.
That’s How You Should Clean A Garage Door Window
If your garage door has a window, you should also pay attention to clean it. And the procedure is the same. However, using a gentle cleanser is always the best option. But you need to be careful around any weather stripping and seals.
Now, a question is definitely lurking into your mind that when you should clean a garage door, right? Read the following lines to know this.
When You Should Clean Your Garage Door
You should clean your garage door at least twice a year, especially in spring and in autumn. But if you are living in an area where your garage door is exposed to extreme elements, you need to clean it more often. For example, those who live in the coastal region should clean their garage door frequently.
If there is any visible dirt on a garage door, you can clean it whenever you are free.
When it comes to cleaning a garage door, you need to remember several things that you shouldn’t do. Want to know these? Take a look at the following passage!
What Not To Do While Cleaning A Garage Door
- Don’t use any strong detergent that comes with more than 0.5% phosphate.
- Never use any window cleaning solutions, scouring products, grit-filled cloths, etc.
- Don’t use abrasive cloths that can scratch the acrylic glazing of a door.
Well, you should clean your garage door carefully. But in terms of any significant repair and services, you need to take professionals’ help. And that’s what we, Superior Garage Door do. We have a team of experienced professionals who offer same-day garage door service. So, don’t hesitate to call us at (612) 400-8848.