Do you think someone has hacked the code to open your garage door? Then the time has come to change it. Newer garage door opener comes with a keypad in addition to a remote. That’s why it is very easy to operate.
On the other hand, the older garage door is operated by a remote. In this system, you need to move switches inside the remote physically. And change the code.
However, if you want to know how to reset the code of a garage door opener, you have to read this blog. Here, you will come across proper guidance for both types of garage doors. So, carry on reading! And let’s start with the garage door with a keypad.
How to reset the newer model of garage door opener?
The newer model of garage door opener comes with many accessories. It allows users to operate the garage door with ease. Now, read the following steps to know how to reset the code of this opener.
- You have to access the garage door motor unit attached to the ceiling of your garage.
- You will see a “Learn” button located on the side of the motor.
- Press this button and hold it down.
- Then release the button when the light placed beside it goes out. It will erase the old code from the garage door opener’s memory.
- Push the button on the garage door motor once again and press it until the light comes on again.
- Then go to your wall-mounted keypad and type the code whatever you want.
- You should monitor the motor unit’s light while doing this task. The light will blink. It indicates that the new code you have entered has been accepted.
- Press the “Learn” button again so that the light on your garage door motor illuminates again.
- Then press a button of your remote control. The light will blink. It denotes that the remote control has been programmed with the new code you entered.
Now, let’s move on to the garage door opener without a keypad.
How to change the code of an old garage door opener?
Here are the steps to change the code of an old garage door opener.
- At first, you need to remove the cover of garage door remote control. This approach will allow you to get the small switches inside it.
- Then you have to reposition the switches to change the code.
- You need to replace the cover of remote control.
- Then you have to gain access to the garage door motor attached to the garage ceiling.
- Move the switches on the motor unit to match the code. And you need to set it on your remote control.
- Then conduct a test to make sure that the remote can open your garage door.
- If the door doesn’t open, you need to recheck the switch positions.
We, Superior Garage Door, can help you in this respect. Our experts can reset the code accurately. So, wait no more! Call us immediately!